For Business Owners
A Private Health Services Plan (PHSP) is a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) approved plan that is an effective way for businesses to convert all healthcare and dental expenses into a fully tax deductible business expense. This tax strategy can result in significant savings for small businesses and large corporations.
Benefits of a Private Health Services Plan (PHSP):
- There are no premiums; the business only pays when a claim is submitted
- Your business funds the entire cost of the PHSP and claims a 100% tax deduction
- The cost is a fixed percentage of the claim so you know exactly how much you are paying for
- Reimbursements to employees are not taxable benefits (except in Quebec)
- Comprehensive coverage on medical, dental and vision expenses with few limits
- Employers can top-up group benefits with a PHSP
- Sole Proprietors
- Self Employed Individuals
- Active shareholders
- Spouses (including common-law)
- Children under age 21 - unless registered as a full-time student at an institute of higher learning and under age 25.
One-time set-up fee plus applicable taxes. The additional cost is 10% administration fee on all claims submitted plus applicable taxes (only paid on administration fee) depending on which province you live in.
How do I get started?
If you own a business, you can enroll in a PHSP today. Contact us to learn more.
"Donald has been our advisor for a number of years and we are very impressed with his advice in helping us evaluate our needs and make sound recommendations to our benefits plan. Donald is not only knowledgable but also has our best interest in mind. Donald and his team at BenefitDeck are also very responsive in providing assistance to resolve issues with insurance companies. We are pleased to continue working with Donald at BenefitDeck."
— Carrie Flatt, Controller, Pacific Bolt Manufacturing Ltd.